Fall Guys Lag Fix – Fall Guys is a massively multiplayer title in which players go through a free-for-all struggle every round. The title has is developed by Mediatonic and published by Devolver Digital. Fall Guys is currently sitting at 13000 reviews with almost 80% of them being very positive.
The game requires Intel Core i5, NVIDIA GTX 660, Windows 10 64bit, and 2 GB of Storage to run. This is standard hardware for computers nowadays but some machines might struggle to run it when the number of players grow. To fix that, you can tweak a few things, continue reading to find out.
Fall Guys Performance Guide
Fall Guys Lag Fix
The thing that impacts game performance is 9/10 times related to the device’s software. So, it is recommended that you update your device drivers and Windows. We’ve mentioned the links for both so you don’t have to search.
AMD and Nvidia are known for pushing game optimization updates for titles before their launch.
Once you have updated the device drivers for your graphics card, go ahead and start Windows Updates. Go to Search > Windows Updates > Check for updates.
Fix Fall Guys Lagging
Here are a few more optimizations that you can follow through to make your game run better.
Discord overlay is something that I never use, if your case is similar, just go ahead and disable it. You can also disable the Hardware acceleration in Discord, this also contributes a bit. Below are the steps for doing both:
How To Disable Hardware Acceleration
- Fire up Discord
- Under User Settings > Appearance
- Click on Hardware Acceleration > Turn it off
How To Disable Overlay
- Fire up Discord
- Go To Overlay under App Settings
- Click on “Turn off in-game overlay” button.
Disable Game Bar in Windows 10
Game Bar was introduced in Windows 10 for giving utility to gamers. The app offers LFG, recording, game clips, VOIP and a lot. However, most of these are not used by many.
- Start > Settings > Gaming
- On Game Bar, set “Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar” to off.
- Captures > set the “Record the background while I’m playing a game” to Off.
- Click on Game Mode tab, and turn it off.
Lower Down Game Settings
Whenever you have troubles related to FPS, it is recommended that you tone down your game settings. Start with Textures and Shadows, try a few different settings, this will help for sure.
Tweak Graphic Settings
Here are settings for both Nvidia and AMD Graphic Card users that guarantee better performance and more FPS. You can use these even if you are on a high-end computer.
- Radeon Boost: Disabled
- Radeon Anti-Lag: Disabled
- Anti-Aliasing Mode: Use Application settings
- Anti-aliasing Method: Multisampling
- Morphological Filtering: Off
- Anisotropic Filtering Mode: Use application settings
- Texture Filtering Quality: Performance
- Surface Format Optimization: On
- OpenGL Triple Buffering: Off
- Shader Cache: AMD optimized
- Tesselation Mode: Override application settings
- Maximum Tesselation Level: Off
- GPU Workload: Graphics
- Chill: Off
- Frame Rate Target Control: Disabled
Right click on your Desktop > Nvidia Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings.
- Set Threaded Optimization: On
- Set Texture filtering – Quality: Performance
- Set Maximum Pre-rendered frames:2
- Set Power Management: Prefer Maximum Performance
After you’re done with all this, here’s a final little thing that will help you in boosting FPS:
Go to Task Manager and locate the .exe file of the game, right-click on it > Details > Right Click Again > Set Priority > High.
Fix Fall Guys Stuttering and Crashing
The stuttering and crashing issues can pop-up due to various reasons. We’ve listed a few common ones below that you can test one by one.
Unpark your CPU Cores
You can use an application called QuickCPU, this app allows you to use your core’s full power. Download it and use the settings given below.
- Fire up QuickCPU
- Set your system Power Plan to High Performance
- Set “CPU parking Index” to 100%
- Set “Frequency Scaling Index” to 100%
- Set “Turbo Boost Index” to 100%
- Save your settings by clicking on the Apply Button
Turn off Overclocking
Overclocking is known for causing issues with newer games which leads to crashing and stuttering many times. If you are having trouble, just go ahead and set your frequency to default.
Verify Game Files using Game Client
A Broken download can create multiple issues, these can be performance-related or anything in-game. Using your game client, verify the game files. If your download is broken for some reason, the client will download it from their servers.
Fall Guys is on Steam, you can go to game library > Right click on Fall Guys and verify game files using the dialog box that opens up.
Hopefully, these things will be enough for you to fix your game-related troubles. Thanks for reading this article, share it with your friends if this helped you out.
Last Updated on November 1, 2020 by FPSBolt Editors