While starting the game after a long time I encountered this error pvp.net Patcher Kernel Has Stopped Working. I immediately went to Google and started looking for possible fixes for the same. According to a few results, this was being caused due to some internal file which was conflicting with the launcher which apparently had the patch to fix the issue. After looking around I found that this is due to the permissions in Windows.
Fix pvp.net Patcher Kernel Has Stopped Working in LOL
Read on to find out how to fix pvp.net Patcher Kernel Has Stopped Working in LOL. The workaround is quick, there’s nothing to worry about.
- Right click on the LOL shortcut
- Click on the compatibility tab
- Tick “Run this program as an administrator”
- Click OK
Start the game now, the patcher should start and the problem should be fixed within no time. If this doesn’t fix the problem for you then there’s another fix for this, keep on reading.
- Go to your League of Legends directory
- Go to > Rads > Projects > lol_air_client> releases
- Delete the files names “S_OK” and “release manifest”
- Now open “deploy” folder
- Delete “logs”, “META-INF”, “lol.properties”, and “LOLClient.exe”
- Restart the Patcher EXE
- This will start the download of the files that you had deleted. If this doesn’t fix it, go to patcher settings and do a full repair of the game files. It usually takes 10-20 minutes.
After installing PBE, go to task manager > processes and end the LOL Launcher process. Start the game again and it should work fine.
Hope this solves your problem, if it doesn’t, do comment below and we will be happy to look into it for you.