My Nvidia Control Panel Won’t Open in Windows 10 Fix – This is another latest issue found on Windows 10 that NVIDIA Control Panel fails to open and it shows nothing when clicking on its option. The main reason behind this problem comes out to be outdated NVIDIA drivers but the Windows Update fails to grab this and thinks that the drivers are updates.
My Nvidia Control Panel Won’t Open in Windows 10 Fix
In this article, you will learn several ways to come out of this problem. We will try to update and reinstall the newest graphics card driver to solve this issue which works on most of the cases. Also, we will update .net framework and NVidia Display driver /service. And, if nothing works, we will restart the NVIDIA control panel method and some more short techniques. Try the given fixes one-by-one and stop when your problem is resolved.
Fix 1: Uninstall and re-install NVDIA Drivers
- Press Windows + R button and type devmgmt.msc to open Device Management Console.
- When the Device Management window appears on the screen, select Display adapters to expand the further list. Make a right-click on the NVIDIA Adapter and select Uninstall. Also, put a check mark on Delete the driver software for this device option. Click OK to delete the drivers.
- Now, navigate to NVIDIA Driver page and locate for your graphics card drivers under first option: Manually find drivers. Enter the graphics card type, OS, and other useful details and navigate to Search option.
- Now, move to the download location of the driver and launch the installer. While installing, move to Custom Options, and select Clean Install. This will further clear the previous installations and install the latest one for your system.
- Now, restart your computer and try to launch the NVDIA control panel to inspect if it works.
Optionally, you can directly renew from the device manager by:
- Hit on the Windows button along with R key and then type devmgmt.msc. Doing this will open the Device Management console.
- Now, in the Device Manager, expand the section of Display adapters, and then make a right-click on the NVIDIA Adapter under this category. Now, select Update Driver Software and then select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Once the drivers are finished with updates, restart your computer and try to launch the NVIDIA control panel to check if it works.
Fix 2: Display Driver Service for NVIDIA
Follow the given steps to do this process:
- Hit the Windows + R button on your keyboard to open the run prompt. Type services.msc and press Enter key to open the Services console.
- Now, in the Services window, locate for NVIDIA Display Driver Service and select it twice. Next, set the Startup type to Automatic and then start the service if it is not working or stopped.
- Repeat the process for other NVIDIA-related services available on the screen.
- Now, try to open the NVIDIA control panel to see if it is working now.
You can also try other fixes to solve this problem like restarting the NVIDIA control panel process, setting the highest resolution and Registry fixes. Well, the solution told by us is very effective and that’s why we have depicted the whole process. Try it now and see if it works out for you!